Here is a recap of the latest customs and international trade law news:
U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP):
- CBP issues CSMS 55754324 announcing the UFLPA Country Code Requirements The UFLPA Region Alert will add three new validations to ACE in specific applications. The validations will be:
- Postal code will be a required field.
- Users will receive an error message if the postal code provided is not a valid Chinese postal code.
- Users will receive a warning message when a XUAR region postal code is provided.
Food and Drug Administration (FDA):
- The FDA launched a new website about the Modernization of Cosmetics Regulation Act of 2022 (MoCRA) and a related constituent update announcing that the FDA has stopped accepting and processing submissions to the Voluntary Cosmetic Registration Program (VCRP).
- The FDA announces OTC monograph drug user fee rates for fiscal year 2023.
The Bureau of Industry and Security (BIS):
- (BIS) published a rule that adds eleven entities based in Burma, the People’s Republic of China (PRC), Nicaragua, and Russia to the Entity List for enabling or engaging in human rights abuses around the world.
- The rule also reaffirms BIS’s longstanding position that the protection of human rights throughout the world is a foreign policy interest.
- Biden Administration and international partners release export controls and Human Rights Initiative Code of Conduct.
Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC):
- OFAC Launched a new website that will now be hosted within Treasury at treasury.gov.
- OFAC announced a settlement with Uphold HQ Inc. (“Uphold”). Uphold agreed to pay $72,230.32 to settle its potential civil liability for apparent violations of sanctions against Iran, Cuba, and Venezuela.
- OFAC Fines Wells Fargo Almost $100M For “Unsafe or Unsound” Sanctions Compliance.
United States Trade Representative (USTR):
- The U.S. and Mexico announced an agreement to address union busting at a Mexican auto parts factory, the third union-related deal the nations have reached under the U.S.-Mexico-Canada Agreement.
- USTR Releases 2023 National Trade Estimate Report on Foreign Trade Barriers.
- United States and New Zealand meet under Bilateral Trade and Investment Framework Agreement (TIFA).
- The Office of the United States Trade Representative and the U.S. Department of Commerce announced that a U.S. delegation will travel to Singapore for the third negotiating round of the Indo-Pacific Economic Framework (IPEF) from May 8-15, 2023.
If you have questions about these updates, contact our Diaz Trade Law attorneys at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 305-456-3830.
To receive an email notification whenever a new post is published, please subscribe to our weekly blog here.
Leave A Comment