Country of origin determinations can be extremely complex when an ultimate good is sourced from multiple countries and when ascertaining the correct country of origin to use a duty preference program. U.S. Customs regulations must be carefully followed, whether it is based upon a “substantial transformation” or tariff shift. Diaz Trade Law regularly analyzes and advises clients on how to properly identify and label the correct country of origin in compliance with both U.S. Customs and the “Made in USA” rules of the Federal Trade Commission (FTC).
Want More Information?
Relevant blog posts here:
- Hong Kong’s Initiates Dispute Regarding U.S.-Origin Marking Requirement
- Biden Executive Order Strengthens Buy American Government Procurement Laws
- Should You Get a Binding Ruling?
- FTC issues a Record Breaking $1.2 Million Penalty
- Comment Now – CBP Proposed Rule on Country of Origin Determination for Imports under USMCA
Relevant on-demand webinars: