Here is a recap of the latest customs and international trade law news:
Customs and Border Protection (CBP)
- CBP Releases July 2023 Monthly Update. In July 2023, CBP:
- Processed more than 3 million entry summaries valued at more than $262 billion.
- Identified nearly $7 billion of duties to be collected by the U.S. government.
- Stopped 388 shipments valued at more than $107 million for further examination based on the suspected use of forced labor.
- Seized 1,698 shipments that contained counterfeit goods valued at more than $165 million.
- Fake Apple watches, wireless headphones worth nearly $400K seized by CBP at ONT and LA/LB Seaport.
- Cincinnati CBP seizes 100 shipments containing counterfeit MLB, MLS, NFL merchandise.
- CBP, FWS seize seahorses, snakes, snake oil, and prohibited pork products at Dulles Airport.
- Quota bulletin: Cotton provided for in Chapter 52, Additional U.S. Note 5, Harmonized Tariff Schedule.
- EAPA investigations […]