Don Woods: Don has worked in the express delivery, freight forwarding, and logistics industries for 34 years in both imports and exports. He retired from UPS after 34 years of service as the VP, Customs & Trade Compliance for the Customs Brokerage business unit. During his career at UPS, Don held various positions from operations to systems support and actively participated in and held key leadership roles in multiple industry associations; namely, the National Customs Brokers & Forwarders Association of America, Inc. (NCBFAA), the International Compliance Professional Association (ICPA), the American Association of Exporters and Importers (AAEI), the Trade Support Network (TSN), and the Express Association of America (EAA). He has extensive knowledge regarding Customs and Border Protection, the U.S. Department of Agriculture, the U.S. Census Bureau, the Food and Drug Administration, and the Fish and Wildlife Agency. Prior to joining UPS, he served in the United States Air Force for 12 years in various locations across the continental U.S. and Hawaii.
*Notable Client Accomplishments
- Successfully mitigated a liquidated damages case to $0 for a medical device importer, which is extremely rare feat. Has helped multiple clients successfully pass their C-TPAT revalidation conducted by CBP.
Honors and Awards
- Received UPS minority executive recognition in 2017.
Activities and Memberships
- Licensed customs broker since 1990
- Member of International Compliance Professional Association (ICPA)
- Member of Community Service Southern Indiana
- Member of USpiritus Volunteer Corps
- ACE Video (2001)
- Master of Science degree in business management from Indiana Wesleyan University