DTL saved clients MILLIONS of dollars in 2016, below we list a summary of some of our compliance successes!
U.S. Customs & Border Protection (CBP)
- Assisted an importer in having $434,486.00 worth of goods seized returned to it in a RECORD 24 working days, with a signed settlement agreement with CBP in a record 17 working days!
- Assisted an importer in having $324,466.00 worth of goods seized for an underlying AES violation returned.
- Assisted importers in filing prior disclosures that were accepted by CBP, advising of errors found, and avoiding substantial penalties.
- Assisted importers in successfully responding to CBP 28’s and 29’s resulting in close outs, and no further enforcement action by CBP!
- Assisted importers in creating and maintaining pre-compliance programs to evaluate intellectual property rights and pre-report merchandise to CBP resulting in expedited entry into the U.S. with no delays or examinations by CBP.
- Successfully assisted importers in keeping manifest data confidential.
- Post Importation Claim approved by U.S. Customs, resulting in refunds of over $400,000.00!
- Successfully mitigated a $46,107.00 Liquidated Damages claim down to $768.00!
- Successfully mitigated a $50,000.00 Liquidated Damages claim down to $10,000.00 and successfully negotiated with the surety to have them pay the mitigated amount!
- Successfully mitigated a $75,980.00 Penalty for an underlying intellectual property rights violation down to $7,598.00!
- Successfully mitigated a $75,633.12 Penalty for an underlying intellectual property rights violation down to $7,563.12!
- Assisted numerous importers in recovering seized hoverboards back (without the non-compliance batteries).
- Assisted numerous individuals in successfully appealing Global Entry denials and gaining access to the program, as well as filing Traveler Redress complaints, resulting in expedited entry into the U.S. without being sent to secondary.
- Successfully petitioned CBP for the return of seized Polaris’s.
- Successfully recorded a USPTO registered trademark with CBP for added protection at all U.S. borders.
U.S. Department of Commerce (DOC)
• Received two positive scope rulings from the DOC’s International Trade Administration (ITA) confirming our clients merchandise is outside of the scope of current AD/CVD orders and not subject to AD/CVD!
- Received licenses from the U.S. DOC, Bureau of Industry and Security (BIS) for export of items to Cuba.
- Counseled clients on the legalities of doing business with Cuba.
Federal Maritime Commission (FMC)
- Assisted clients in successfully applying to the FMC for an Ocean Transportation Intermediary (OTI) license to operate as an Ocean Freight Forwarder and Non-Vessel Operating Common Carrier.
Transportation Security Administration (TSA)
- Assisted clients in successfully applying to the TSA for an Indirect Air Carrier (IAC) license.
U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA)
- Provided pre-compliance assistance to importers of cosmetics, drugs, and medical devices into the U.S. resulting in expedited entry into the U.S. with no delays or holds by CBP or FDA.
- Assisted numerous importers in registering with the FDA as importers of medical devices.
- Acted as U.S. Agent for numerous overseas manufacturers of food products imported into the U.S.
Customized Training Programs
DTC taught five customized training programs on the following topics:
- Cochran Program for Dominican Republic & Mexico, Discussion of CAFTA and Best Practices when Importing into the U.S.
- Update on U.S. Laws Regarding Commerce with Cuba.
- Importing into the U.S. and Lacey Act Compliance for Chile Week.
- In Partnership with the SBDC, Introduction to Importing into the U.S. and Import Compliance for Small Businesses
DTL spoke at 21 events in 2016, some highlights included speaking for:
- 2016 Americas Forum
- American Bar Association’s Section of International Law’s Spring Meeting in New York
- Broward County Office of Economic and Small Business Development, 2016 Export Readiness Seminar
- Caribbean Shipping Association
- National Customs Brokers and Forwarders Association of America (NCBFAA)
- Nova Southeastern University
- Miami Dade College
- Cypress Creek Rotary Club
- Florida International Trade and Cultural Expo (FITCE)
DTL would love to be your Customs and International Trade Law Expert! Contact us at email@example.com to schedule your consultation today.
Leave A Comment