Do you import food products (or any FDA regulated product) into the U.S.? I’ve launched a new website ( to assist you in learning the basic requirements for FDA regulated products. The website features information for importers of food, drugs, cosmetics, medical devices, dietary supplements and alcoholic beverages.

Don’t forget, if you are a registered food facility with the FDA and don’t comply with FDA’s mandatory biennial registration, FDA can cancel your FDA Food Facility Registration. Learn more about the Biennial Registration requirement in my previous post here.

You can easily register with the FDA on the new website and if you are a foreign facility, can request that my firm act as your U.S. agent.

Remember, all food facilities which are required to register with the FDA will have to re-register every 2 years, during the period beginning on October 1 and ending on December 31 in even numbered years. Meaning, the clock is currently ticking, you only have until December 31 to assure your biennial registration is completed or risk FDA cancelling your registration and losing your ability to import into the U.S.!

Note that even facilities which are already registered with the FDA are still required to renew their registrations during the October – December registration renewal period.

Have questions? Contact me anytime at