The 11th Annual International Business Trade Expo (IBTE), “Expanding Beyond Our Borders,” will be held Thursday, October 16, 2014 at the Broward Center for the Performing Arts. The event promotes international trade and highlights the significant impact that bilateral trade has in South Florida’s economy. IBTE is hosted by the Lauderhill Regional Chamber of Commerce (LRCC) in partnership with: Florida Chamber of Commerce; Enterprise Florida; City of Lauderhill; Broward Center for the Performing Arts; Unique Production International, and MD Marketing Network.
Business leaders from across the globe will convene to strategize on how to promote and expand bilateral trade between Florida the Caribbean and Latin America. Attendees will hear from experts on trade issues and regulations affecting Florida’s international business economy, and more.
- Doreen Hemlock, Business Reporter, Sun Sentinel (moderator)
- Glenn Wiltshire, Deputy Director Port Everglades
- Carolina Coulson, Director, Colombian American Chamber of Commerce
Workshop: 11 Steps to Exporting, A Road Map to Your Exporting Success
- Paola Isaac Baraya, Economic Development Specialist-International Trade, Broward County Office of Economic and Small Business Development (Moderator/Panelist)
- Parbatee Chang, International Trade Specialist, Small Business Development Centers (SBDC)
- Barbara Pimentel, Executive Vice President, Florida Customs Brokers & Forwarders Association (FCBF)
- Tyler Hacking, U.S. Commercial Officer, South Florida U.S. Export Assistance Center/U.S. Department of Commerce
Workshop:Financing Your Business Growth
- Daisy Ramos-Winfield, Executive Vice President, Florida Export Finance Corporation (FEFC) (panelist)
- Maria Gutierrez, Regional Director of the Eastern Region of the Export-Import Bank of the United States (“Ex-Im Bank”),
Workshop — Import Regulations Briefing
- Jennifer Diaz, Shareholder, Becker&Poliakoff (speaker)
Keynote Addresses Presented by:
- Al Lewis Executive Editor of the South Florida Business Journal
- Brett Hamsik, Economic Policy Advisor for the Office of Economic Policy and Summit Coordination, U.S. Department of State’s Bureau of Western Hemisphere Affairs
The days’ events are all inclusive for $120 nonmembers and $100 for Chamber members. To receive event updates and register go to http://ibtexpo.com.
See you there?