I have traveled way too much recently, and thought I would help you out with some simple test questions to identify if you too are a road warrior who needs a break. If more than 5 of the below 10 test sample comments seem all too familiar, I recommend you slow down or go home. Enjoy this blog post, and let me know the results of the test questions for you.
1. TripAdvisor.com becomes your most commonly used Internet site.
2. You are daily checking your hotel points and frequent flier program balances.
3. It is no problem to pack clothes and various accessories into a 22 inch carry-on for a 5 night trip.
4. You travel with an iPod, Blackberry cellphone, Kindle e-reader, Bose acoustic noise-canceling headphones, and laptop, but still think you are forgetting to bring some electronic gadget.
5. You wander the Brookstone store at the airport, and realize you own a heck of a lot of the stuff on display.
6. You buy shoes, shirts, and get a haircut at the airport instead of in your own home town.
7. You know what city you are in, but not certain of the time zone, so you call the hotel front desk to find out.
8. You tell yourself that a five or six hour, cross-country trip from Miami to Los Angeles is no big deal compared to the international flight you recently took to Hong Kong.
9. You actually recognize many of the TSA screeners at the airport.
10. Someone asks you for your home phone number, and you have to really concentrate to remember it.
No matter where I go or how long I am gone, I always look forward to returning home to my family (and dog). Maybe, I’ll reward myself and my wife and kids by taking them with me on a plane to some resort hotel far, far away. Or maybe not :)