This one hour webinar focusing on export controls will provide an overview of why Electronic Export Information (EEI) is so important, why goods are seized if EEI is not reported timely, and why an exporter may want to consider a voluntary self disclosure. Presenters will generally discuss elements of an effective export compliance plan (including the timely filing of EEI), how to navigate CBP seizures and penalties, and what to do if you discover mistakes in your export process.
In This Webinar You Will Learn:
– What is EEI?
– What is an exporters obligation in regards to EEI?
– When is EEI required to be filed?
– What happens when EEI is NOT filed timely?
– How do you navigate CBP detentions, seizures, and penalties related to EEI mishaps
– What to do when all goes wrong?
– When should you consider a voluntary self-disclosure (VSD) to Census
– Top tips on VSD’s to Census
– Best practices for compliant exporters
– What NOT to do – Examples from “Don’t Let This Happen to You”
– Jennifer Diaz
– Sharath Patil
Who should attend:
– Freight Forwarders
– Regulatory Affairs Professionals
– In-house Legal Counsel
– Sales Personnel
– Others interested in Exporting
Eligible for 1 CCS/MCS/CES/MES NEI Credit
– Input your NCBFAA NEI ID number at the time of registration to receive credit.