FREE World Trade Month Seminar on FDA/FSMA COMPLIANCE for Importers
In celebration of World Trade Month, Diaz Trade Law is hosting a World Trade Month Seminar Series for Compliance Professionals featuring U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) and U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) speakers.
Food Importers, here is your chance to learn practical tools for trade! We are providing the trade community a valuable opportunity to speak direct with FDA, Brokers, and legal experts to address any concerns relating to food importations and discuss the upcoming Foreign Supplier Verification Program (FSVP) requirement under the Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA).
The TOP reasons you should attend?
- For a limited time, registration is FREE!
- You have the ability to hear DIRECTLY from FDA.
- We want the seminars to be informative and all of your questions answered. In that vain, we are currently taking ANY questions you have related to food importation/FSMA for the FDA. Please email your questions today to email@example.com!
You have a limited time to RSVP to this event for FREE!!! Yes, for FREE. We find this information to be invaluable so Diaz Trade Law is sponsoring this event, to bring it to you for FREE. RSVP today! Our full event agenda including the who, what, when, and where is below. Don’t miss it!
|Location:||Miami Free Zone
2305 N.W. 107th Ave,
Conference Room 2M10, Miami, FL 33172
|Date & Time:||May 18, 2017 / 9:00am – 12:00pm|
|Description||This seminar will provide an overview of:
· Resources for new and experienced importers
· Use of free trade zones, including the Miami Free Zone
· How to work best with a customs broker to expedite your shipments (a discussion of ACE, ITACS, PREDICT)
· Top Reasons FDA Detains Food Products
· What you need to know about the FDA Import Process
· Overview of the Food FDA laws/regulations
· Bioterrorism Act Compliance
· FDA Food Labeling Compliance
· Overview of FSMA & Guidance Available to Assist with Compliance!
· Overview of FSVP requirement
· Overview of Preventative Controls
· Overview of Accredited Third Party Certification
· Overview of Sanitary Transportation of Food
· Overview of Mitigation Strategies to Protect Food Against Intentional Adulteration
· Best practices for due diligence and responding to enforcement actions and FDA Notices of Action
|8:30 — 9:00||Registration & Check-In|
|9:00 — 9:05||Welcome & Introduction||Jennifer R. Diaz
Diaz Trade Law, P.A.
|9:05 — 9:15||What is the MFZ and How Can It Help My Business?||Arcelio Gerardo
Miami Free Zone
|9:15 — 9:45||How to work best with a customs broker to expedite your shipments (a discussion of ACE, ITACS, PREDICT)||Elena O. Asturias, CHB
|9:45 — 10:15||Overview of the Food FDA laws/regulations
Overview of FSMA & Guidance Available to Assist with Compliance!
Consumer Safety OfficerDivision of Import OperationsU.S. Food and Drug Administration
|10:15 — 11:45||Best practices for due diligence and responding to enforcement actions and FDA Notices of Action||Jennifer R. Diaz
Diaz Trade Law, P.A.
|11:45 — 12:00||Questions & Answers|